My setup is in a constantly evolving state and tech comes and goes, therefore changes can be expected to be made. This is current as of the time of posting.
Editor + Terminal
- Visual Studio Code is the editor of choice for any language I program in for just about everything.
- Cobalt2 from the amazing Wes Bos for my VS Code themeing.
- For a font I use Fira Code with ligatures enabled. Ligatures are amazing.
- As a Windows 10 user I run WSL debian image with Hyper Terminal, ZSH Shell, and Oh My Zsh.
- Browser of choice still is Google Chrome and occasionally Firefox Dev.
- Discord and Slack are the primary chat applications I use to interact with different communities.
- For notetaking and todo lists I use Trello, I really ❤ the Kanban board style of it.
- BackBlaze provides offsite backups to my entire PC just in case.
- Lastpass for password management because we shouldn't be doing that manually anymore.
- React Developer Tools this seems pretty explanatory
- Apollo Developer Tools in the age of GraphQL this is a must
- Biggest one for me is Grammarly because somehow at the age of 30 I still can't spell many things correctly!
- All of my websites and services are hosted on Amazon AWS
- Image support provided by Cloudinary
- CDN and DNS for my websites comes from Cloudflare
- All websites use Namecheap for their registration
- My main development machine is an Asus G771JW that while a little short on resource these days and atrocious battery life has been a solid performer for me. Equipped with 16gb of ram and a 1TB Samsung Evo 970+ SSD as well as 2TB drive for backups.
- Still performing but not great in color reproduction is my Samsung T260HD 26» 1200p monitor.
- Das Keyboard mechanical keyboard, because yes all Das Keyboard owners must mention it!
- Sennheiser HD595 headphones with FiiO E7+E9 headphone DAC/AMP
This uses page inspired by Wes Bos and may others who also basically copied his template. I'm not original, cut me some slack.