I like to change things a lot and as a result, this page will probably be inaccurate at the time of you reading this. But here is what I'm using:
Editor + Terminal
- Visual Studio Code is the editor of choice for any language I program in for just about everything.
- Cobalt2 from the amazing Wes Bos for my VS Code theme.
- For a font, I use Fira Code with ligatures enabled. Ligatures are amazing.
- Hyper Terminal, ZSH Shell, and Oh My Zsh to handle all my CLI stuff.
- Browser of choice still is Google Chrome and occasionally Firefox Dev.
- Discord and Slack are the primary chat applications I use to interact with different communities.
- For notetaking and to-do lists I use Trello, I really love the Kanban board style of it.
- BackBlaze provides offsite backups to my entire PC just in case.
- Adobe Lightroom for photo editing, and Adobe Premiere Pro for video editing.
- 1password for password management because we shouldn't be doing that manually anymore.
- Biggest one for me is Grammarly because somehow at the age of 30 I still can't spell many things correctly!
- React Developer Tools this seems pretty explanatory
- aXe accessibility tools to test a11y of my sites
- Hosting for everything I have is done on Linode because its cheap and reliable
- Image support provided by Cloudinary
- CDN and DNS for my websites comes from Cloudflare
- All websites use Namecheap for their registration
- 2020 13» Macbook Pro with 8GB of RAM
- Anker MBP Hub
- BenQ EW3270U 32» 4K HDR monitor
- Keychron k8 mechanical keyboard with cherry blue switches. I'm not happy with the product though…
- Logitech G502 mouse
- Ifi Zen DAC for when using headphones for listening. Audeze LCD-X are my usual cans of choice in my office, although I have a pair of Drop + HiFiman HE4xx that I also use occasionally.
- When I want to use my speakers I've got a Topping D10 Balanced that I then use with my M-Audio BX4, although there are plans to replace those monitors in the near future…
- Yeti mic — what more need said LOL
- cheapo amazon basics USB switch to switch from PC to PC
- Asus X570 ProArt creator Wifi
- G-skill TridentZ RGB 32gb x2 DDR4 3600 RAM
- Samsung 980 Pro 1TB
- Samsung 970 evo+ 1TB
- EVGA GTX1070 (to be upgraded one I can get a RTX3080)
- keyboard, mouse, and monitor are shared with the mac from above
- custom water-cooling loops
This page was inspired by Wes Bos and many others who also basically copied his template. I'm not original, cut me some slack.